Experience the tropical taste of Hawaii right at your campsite with the sweet n’ salty stacking of these campfire cheesy pineapple and ham sandwiches! They are so easy to make and they’ll have everyone’s mouths watering right through to the last bite! Taste this ingenious mix of sweet n’ salty for yourself and whip up some of these simple yet delicious sandwiches today!
What You’ll Need
- Bread buns
- Pineapple rings
- Cheddar or Swiss cheese
- Dijon mustard
How To Make
The basic science of sandwich construction applies easily to this recipe so you can forget about an intensive and complex meal preparation. Just follow these simple steps and you’ll be devouring the magical mix of sweet n’ salty before you know it!
- Spread Dijon mustard on one side of your bread bun.
- Stack your bun with ham, a pineapple ring, and a slice of cheese.
- Put the top piece of bread on your sandwich and wrap it in tinfoil.
- Cook your sandwich over a bed of coals or over the campfire using a cooking grate.
- Let cook around 20 minutes or until the meat is hot and the cheese is gooey.
- Remove from heat, unwrap, and enjoy!
These sandwiches are so delicious, you won’t just want to reserve them for the campfire! Luckily, there are other ways to cook these scrumptious creations without gathering logs and braving the smoke. You can swap out a potato bun for a sliced piece of bread and make your sandwich in a skillet. You can follow the instructions as is, keeping them in the tinfoil, and heat them up in the oven as well. Feel free to add your own ingredients like bacon or basil leaves!
Pair your sandwiches with a side of campfire scalloped potatoes for a full meal that the whole family will devour! Let us know how you liked the recipe in the comments and share your pictures with us on Instagram!