If you’re looking for the perfect dish to serve your gas at the campground this year, check out this camping recipe for Campfire Pad Thai. This nutty and fresh recipe is the ideal meal to serve your family after a long day on the trails or out exploring. We recommend using shrimp for your protein, but you can easily swap that for chicken or pork. Get the full camping recipe below.
Recipe adapted from one on FreshOffTheGrid.com
- 7 oz Pad Thai noodles
- 2 tbsps sesame oil
- 1 bag of jumbo frozen shrimp, deveined
- 1 small onion
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ⅔ c. Pad Thai sauce, recipe below
- ½ c. sliced green onions
- ½ c. chopped cilantro
- ¼ c. chopped peanuts
- 1 lime
- 1 can of bean sprouts
Pad Thai Sauce
- 2 tbsps soy sauce
- 2 tbsps rice vinegar
- 2 tbsps lime juice
- 2 tbsps brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Sriracha
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- Start by washing and drying your onion, cilantro, green onions, and lime.
- Next, dice your onion, cut the lime into quarters, and slice the green onion. Also, chop the peanuts and cilantro, and set aside for topping.
- Chop and remove the tails from your shrimp.
- Over your campfire, bring a pot of water to boil. Once the water is boiling, add the Pad Thai noodles and removed them from the heat. You will need to leave the noodles to soak for about 8 to 10 minutes until they are soft but al dente.
- While the noodles are soaking. Heat 2 tablespoons of sesame oil in a large cast-iron skillet over your fire. Toss in the shrimp, onions, and salt and sauté until the shrimp is pink and cooked through and the onions are translucent and starting to brown.
- While the shrimp is cooking, combine all of the Pad Thai sauce ingredients listed above in a small bowl and whisk until thoroughly blended.
- Remove the shrimp and onions from the skillet, lower the heat, and then add another drizzle of sesame oil and crack your eggs into the pan. Stir these constantly to scramble them.
- As soon as the noodles are done, used tongs to scoop them out of the water and place them directly in the skillet, then pour the Pad Thai sauce over the top.
- Dump in the chicken and onions and mixed to combine.
- Serve topped with crushed peanuts and a sprinkle of cilantro, green onions, bean sprouts, and a wedge of lime.
Contact us to get a great deal on your dream RV today.