Forget about movie theater popcorn and treat yourself to campfire popcorn! After all, where could be a better place to enjoy that warm, buttery taste than in the beauty and fresh air of the great outdoors? So, on your next camping trip, don’t forget to pack the popcorn for an easy and fun snack that everybody will eat right up!
What You’ll Need
- Vegetable Oil
- Tin Foil
How To Make
- Make a rectangular piece of tinfoil and place a large handful of popcorn on top of it.
- Add a couple tablespoons of oil onto the popcorn.
- Fold your tinfoil in half and crimp the sides together creating a pouch that seals your popcorn and oil inside.
- Attach a long stick to your tinfoil pouch to dangle it above your campfire. When cooking over a campfire, coals often work more effectively than a strong blaze.
- Listen for the sound of the kernels starting to pop. Once you no longer hear any more popping from inside your foil pouch, remove it from the heat.
- Open your pouch (Caution: it will be hot!) and season your freshly popped popcorn with butter and salt to your preference.
- After your popcorn has cooled off enough, dig in!
For more fun foods with uncommon cooking methods, check out this recipe for tin can bread! And for a scrumptious and simple morning meal on your next camping trip, try these amazing make-ahead banana pancakes!